Sunday, April 17, 2005

So Far, So Good


The Kitchen Sink.

This week the big event was getting our kitchen redone. Maybe I should say it's the big event for Sunday, since this was definitely something she wanted more than I did, but it's growing on me fast now that I've seen how nice it is.

We're having our old Formica countertops removed, since they were peeling up in most places, and replaced with some solid surface stuff that is similar to Corian (it's actually Avonite, which is a cheaper Corian knock-off). It looks like limestone and has a solid surface sink build into it (my favorite feature). It has a wonderful texture - I'd have the majority of my house made out of this stuff if it was affordable. It's nonporus so it's hard to stain and you can repair it by just sanding down scratched areas. It's really neat.

You can see pictures of what it looks like so far from the link below. There's still quite a bit left to be done:
  • Finish countertops (the bar hasn't been done yet)
  • Tile backsplash all around the kitchen walls (the cheesy pink strip will be gone)
  • New wooden doors on the cabinets and drawers
Check out the pictures.

3 Comments:

Blogger El Capitan said...

Hello friends,
The new countertop and sink looks great. I hope all is well. Forgive my crappy blogging updates. After exams are over, I will improve. Take care.
Jess

4/25/2005 7:10 PM  
Blogger Thomas Cook said...

Thanks Jess! We'll get updated pictures posted soon - it's looking really good.

4/28/2005 10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ready for more updates! kk

4/29/2005 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home